To apply to the EAIFO Southern Chapter, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Be an active working member of a recognized football officials association for at least 5 years.
- Have worked at least 25 varsity interscholastic or varsity intercollegiate football games.
- Be physically fit.
- Statement of Interest;
- A minimum of two (2) written letters of recommendation from current or former EAIFO members. Please provide their contact information either within their letter or as a part of your application.
- In an Excel spreadsheet, provide a list of games with level (Rec, Freshman, JV, Varsity), dates, teams, and your position worked for the past five years of officiating, including any postseason assignments.
- A passport-type photo (head and shoulders);
- Submit application fee ($25) using a credit card or bank account via PayPal by clicking here:
Please submit your SOI, your Excel Spreadsheet with your game assignments, and your passport-style photo as ONE SUBMISSION. You should also make your $25 application payment at the same time as this submission. As your references complete your letters of recommendation, you can send those in as they are completed.
The application process starts on December 1. There is no formal deadline for submission. However, all applicants will be evaluated during Spring football, which is in the March-April timeframe.
The EAIFO Membership Committee will meet in May and review your Statement of Interest and related supporting documentation.