To apply to the EAIFO Southern Chapter, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Be an active working member of a recognized football officials association for at least 5 years.
- Have worked at least 25 varsity interscholastic or varsity intercollegiate football games.
- Be physically fit.
- Statement of Interest;
- A minimum of two (2) written letters of recommendation from current or former EAIFO members. You may provide more than 2. Only in addition to the 2 from EAIFO members, you may provide letters of recommendation from non-EAIFO members. Please provide their contact information either within their letter or as a part of your application. References will be contacted to comment on your character and potential progress as an official.
- In an Excel spreadsheet, provide a list of games with level (Rec, Freshman, JV, Varsity), dates, teams, and your position worked for the past five years of officiating, including any postseason assignments.
- A passport-type photo (head and shoulders);
- Submit application fee ($25) using a credit card or bank account via PayPal by clicking here:
Secretary Patrick Langford will reply to confirm receipt of documents. If you haven’t gotten a confirmation that your application has been received, your application is not finalized. Please follow up!
We understand gathering these documents can take some time. Please submit your SOI, your Excel Spreadsheet with your game assignments, and your passport-style photo as ONE SUBMISSION. You should also make your $25 application payment at the same time as this submission. As your references complete your letters of recommendation, you can send those in as they are completed. Remember, it’s up to you to ensure letters of recommendation are submitted in a timely manner. It won’t be an excuse that you are waiting for your references!
Click on the link below to download the Chapter’s Statement of Interest form (PDF). The application process starts on December 1, 2019. There is no formal deadline for submission. However, applicants with no college football experience need to be seen on-field, which is done during Spring football, which is in the March-April timeframe. We still accept applications after that period, however, without an opportunity to see you on-field, depending on your body of work and application materials, your opportunity may be limited.
The EAIFO Membership Committee will meet in May and review your Statement of Interest and related supporting documentation. You will be notified via email upon acceptance or rejection to the EAIFO Southern Chapter. Upon acceptance, you will be invited to the May 26, 2021, EAIFO Southern Chapter Business Meeting to be voted on for formal acceptance by the membership.